Good Toy Guide Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy and data is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Good Toy Guide Ltd can change this policy at any time by updating this page. You should check this page on a regular basis to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 09/09/2020.
What we collect
With your consent, we will collect the following information on GoodPlayGuide.com:
- Your full name.
- contact information including email address.
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- other information relevant to customer surveys, marketing research, user testing and/or other services that we offer.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information provided to us to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Responding to Queries – This will allow us to be able to contact you with necessary responses and information.
– For example, by filling out our contact form, this will allow us to use this information to contact you directly and respond to your enquiry. We will delete your information after closing the enquiry
- Marketing Communications: In addition to our Other Services, we will periodically send you marketing/promotional email about new products, special offers and/or other information which we think you will find interesting using the contact information which you have provided us with. Please refer to (security) for further information on how we collect and store your data submitted to us.
- Newsletter: We have a Newsletter which we send out to all those who have subscribed to it via our website or on social media. Only your name and email address are logged into our database and you will only be contacted with Newsletters and Information regarding Good Toy Guide Ltd in the parenting space (no industry news will be sent). You can contact us directly if you wish to no longer subscribe to the newsletter, alternatively, you can choose to unsubscribe from the newsletter when you open it in your browser or chosen email client.
- Market Research Purposes. For our own internal research purposes, we will use the information you have submitted to us in order to contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. If you do not wish to be contacted for Market Research purposes, you will always have the option to request to have your details removed from our database list to prevent us from using it in the future regarding market research. You can do so by contacting us directly via email at email@example.com
- User Testing. As one of our most important services, thorough user testing and stringent security measures go hand in hand to ensure the confidentiality of the data we possess to ensure this is used solely for the purpose of this service only.
- Consent forms (sent to and completed by the parent) will include parent’s names, children’s names, and email addresses to record consent to take part
- Participant records (provided to our recruiter by the parent) will include parent’s names, children’s names, children’s ages, and additional screening data such as use of apps; this will be used to ensure participants who are taking part fit the criteria and allow us to review the feedback with demographics in mind
- Videos (recorded by the parent and recordings of the zoom calls) will be used for analysis, to gather quotes and check observations, and shared with RGA as evidence.
- We will use information submitted to us to customise the website according to your interests.
Security of Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information and data is secure at all times and our team have all been briefed and trained to understand and maintain the confidentiality of all data which is in our possession.
Whilst in possession of data, we ensure that only authorised members of the team are granted access to specific data in accordance to their roles and responsibilities in order to protect and maintain the confidentiality of the data.
We will only seek to use the data we have in our possession for their intended purposes only. Data will not be transferred, altered, copied and/or modified in any way or form that causes it to be used in any service or task that has not been pre-agreed to or given permission by the original data holder.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
In the event of a breach, data loss or any incident regarding your data, we will do our utmost to contact you within 24 hours to alert you of this and inform you of the procedures we have put in place.
Handling of Data
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we are committed to securely storing any data we receive, as a data controller, vendor and processor, on secure cloud servers with restricted levels of access.
We have also put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we receive.
Duration of Storing Data
All information and data provided to us will be stored and retained for different lengths of time subject to the particular dataset(s) or database(s) they belong to.
For example, a newsletter subscriber’s details will be kept indefinitely until they choose to unsubscribe from our database(s).
Where as in the case of providing a service, we will retain the data throughout the period up until the service we seek to provide has been fulfilled at which point we will act accordingly by the instructions at the end of our service fulfilment, whether that is to transfer back data to the original subjects or to delete where appropriate.
Data Subject Rights
In accordance to GDPR, Good Toy Guide Ltd abides by the eight data subject rights for individuals that ensures the following:
- The Right to be Informed of how we collect and use your data
- The Right of Access to retrieve a copy of any information we hold on you within 30 Days.
- The Right to Rectify any information we hold on you that is found to be inaccurate or incorrect.
- The Right to be Forgotten, which will begin the process of deleting your information from our database(s)
- The Right of Portability that will allow you to request us to transfer your data to another company.
- The Right to Restrict Processing so that you have control over how we use your data
- The Right to Object to certain types of processing of your personal information and data.
For information submitted and collected prior and post-May 2018
We have listed mandatory opt-in checkboxes throughout GoodPlayGuide.com where appropriate for you to adhere by our Terms and Conditions as well as Privacy and Use of Your Information, so please to take time to review this as the information submitted to us must be correct and up to date.
In most cases, we will not charge for complying with a request for subject access retrieval.
We will deal with any request to access personal information within 30 Days
- We have the right to reject and/ or charge for any requests which we believe to be unfounded or excessive.
Should we refuse a request, we will provide an explanation on the grounds for refusal, but this will not affect your right to complain to a supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy.
All requests for access must be submitted via the contact information provided below:
Good Toy Guide Ltd
122 High Street
+44 (0) 1438 831294
We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the ‘cookie’ helps to analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This will prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Google Analytics collects the following types of information from users:
- Type of user agent (web browser) used software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system.
- Screen colours (colour processing ability of the user’s screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county or any other geographical data
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from HuffingtonPost.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is only used to optimise our website for our visitors.
Links to other websites
Our website contains external links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.