What is it
123 Kids Fun Eductaion is an app that includes puzzles with an educational slant. The puzzles aim to teach children colour recognition, guess animal sounds, count and burst coloured soap bubbles, recognise a range of fruits, vegetables and objects.
After collecting 15 stars, Tina the robot will award a digital sticker which can be placed on the digital sticker board.
The game play is simple; players just need to click on “Play” to start and the robot, Tina, will guide children how to play each game with clear and simple instructions.
The app includes 15 different educational games:
* Match the letter on a bucket with the one on the trailer.
* Insert the cookie (shape) into the kangaroo’s pouch.
* Count and take animals for a ride on a tractor.
* Throw the right colored basketball into the basket.
* Find and match socks to make a pairs (recognizing patterns).
* Choose the correct food for various animals.
* Guess the sounds various animals make.
* Spot the differences between various objects.
* Find the animal that is different from other animals.
* Arrange pieces of fruits and vegetables.
* Learn colours with dinosaurs.
* Look for two of the same pictures.
* Pop and count soap bubbles.
* Match the pictures with their shadows.
* What comes next? (Pattern recognition).
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"Did you see that?!" - Boy, aged 4
"I love this mummy!" - Girl, aged 3
- Promotes letter name recognition
- Encourages children to count
- Develops matching skills
- Develops colour recognition
What our experts think
This app has a wide range of fun activities and develops an array of skills in young children. Whilst playing the app our little testers were learning about colours, letter names, animals and much more; there were a lot of learning opportunities.
The gameplay was simple and our testers only needed a little help whilst playing. We liked the way in which each activity was orally explained to the children.
The graphics were bright and colourful and definitely engaging for children (they really liked the little meerkats who popped up and the robot character!)
The app rewarded children for completing activities; the stickers were a good idea and a good motivational tool.
It would be even better if...
We would like to have seen a more engaging and expressive voice. Also, for the UK market, it would have been better if the app used letter sounds as opposed to letter names.
Settings to turn activities on/off were not behind a parent gate which meant some children turned off activities by mistake. We recommend all settings are placed behind a parent gate.
- Brands: RosMedia
- No 3rd party adverts
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Partly - some unrestricted links
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 7.1 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Categorisation & comparison
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Numeracy, counting & money