What is it
Achoo Gaboo is an interactive story about a clumsy elephant with a sneezing fit that won’t quit. Every time Gaboo achoos, children can pop the rainbow bubbles that trumpet from his trunk and tickle his monkey friends who giggle “bless you.” The story has lively narration and lovely animated illustrations.
What our team of testers said
"I love the rainbow bubbles." - Boy aged 4
"They both liked popping the bubbles and were giggling at the sneezes." - Parent
- Interactive stories help engage children in reading
- The rhymes help children learn phonics
What our experts think
There are some lovely animations in Achoo Gaboo, and children liked popping the bubbles. The interactivity is good for getting children engaged in the story, and the words are read aloud to help them learn to read. The rhymes also make the story more enjoyable and help familiarise children with phonics.
It would be even better if...
The interactions felt a little repetitive; children would be more likely to return to the app if there were more things to do. It would also be good if the words were highlighted as they are read to guide children’s reading.
- Brands: Pixure Book Publishing
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 8.1 or late
- Android version: 2.3 and up
- App Types: Interactive Books & eBooks
- Types of skills developed: Learning to read
Listening and attention
Speech, language and communication skills