What is it
Dr. Bruce Banner was a leading Army scientist before a blast of gamma radiation turned him into the angry and powerful Incredible Hulk!
Read Along to discover the story behind your favourite green-skinned Avenger in this Origins App!
• Narration from legendary Hulk co-creator Stan Lee
• Interactive Activities: Roar to Transform, Test Your Strength, Break through Walls, Stop Tanks and more
• Action-Packed Artwork, Sound Effects and Music
• Reading Modes for All Ages: Read to Me, Read by Myself, Auto-Turn and Younger Reader Modes
Follow the epic story of Dr. Bruce Banner’s transformation into the Incredible Hulk with this Marvel Avengers Origins App!
Tested on Kurio
What our team of testers said
"My favourite part was the lab bit when you could see all the equipment" - Girl aged 8
"It was interesting" - Girl aged 9
- Encourages listening skills
- Encourages reading skills
What our experts think
We liked the way in which children could have the story read to them and follow the text, or you could turn off the sound and children could read the story for themselves. It would be a good way to encourage a reluctant or hesitant reader to give it a go. With parental input this app has the potential to develop children’s Literacy skills through comprehension and prediction. The addition of some interactive pages made the story more fun for the reader.
The mini games were a good addition and could be used as a ‘reward’ for reading.
It would be even better if...
It would help to have some more tasks in there for children to complete as they enjoyed this and also maybe a word definition page somewhere for the children who don’t understand all the words.
- Brands: Disney
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
5.0 or later
- App Types: Entertainment
- Types of skills developed: Comprehension
Learning to read
Listening and attention
Speech, language and communication skills
- Additional features: The parental restriction is simple and any child who can read would be able to access the area (although there is nothing 'bad' in there!)