What is it
Awesome eats is an app which involves sorting healthy food- There are food facts and tips added along the way.
Children have to complete a range of tasks involving heathy ingredients, against the clock. The challenges start simple, sorting 1 vegetable, and then get more challenging – sorting a range of ingredients onto the correct conveyor belt in a set time! There are also levels which include rubbish and recycling.
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"I completed level 4, i'm on harder level" - Boy aged 6
"This is a really fun game" - Boy aged 8
- Develops awareness of healthy food types
- Children have to complete tasks in a given time frame
- Children have to sort the different ingredients
What our experts think
We liked that this app was different! Each challenge involved healthy ingredients, raising children’s awareness and interest in different types of food. Children are challenged to think and work against the clock making the activities a real challenge. This is a good app for increasing concentration; as the challenges progress you really have to concentrate as they are fast moving!
We liked the addition of little healthy facts!
It would be even better if...
We would like to have seen clearer instructions at the start of each challenge – some of them were tricky to work out!
- Brands: Whole Kids foundation
- British English
- Child Restrictions: No - all links unrestricted
- Languages available: English
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
4.3 or later
- Android version: 2.3.3 and up
- App Types: Games
- Types of skills developed: Categorisation & comparison
Food & nutrition
Memory, concentration & attention