What is it
With Azoomee, children can enjoy a range of games, videos and audiobooks; they can even chat safely with parent-verified family and friends. Azoomee is supported by the NSPCC, and donates a portion of each new monthly subscription it earns to the NSPCC. An Azoomee premium subscription gives unlimited access for £4.99 per month.
- Play dozens of kids’ games from action and racing to puzzles and brainteasers.
- Watch and learn with popular family-favourite TV shows like Charlie & Lola, Horrible Histories, Robin Hood and Alvinnn.
- Play games without an internet connection – perfect for holidays and car journeys! (not all content available without Wi-Fi)
- Send your first message with Azoomee Chat – safe and parent-verified.
- Learn new skills like origami, football tricks and magic with our step-by-step tutorials.
- Listen to classic stories and let your imagination run wild with our audiobooks.
- Get creative in the Art Studio where you can draw, paint and doodle away!
- Supporting partner of the NSPCC and certified by the kidSAFE Seal Program.
- PIN-protected Parent Area to manage your account.
- All content is Ofcom-compliant, age-appropriate and curated by children’s media experts.
- No ads ever, and no unexpected bills.
- Create a unique experience for each child with their own individual, age-based profile.
- Azoomee works on up to 5 devices at the same time!
What our team of testers said
"Oh look, she does lots of interesting things." (From watching Nina and the Neurons) - Girl aged 7
"I'm drawing a house." - Girl aged 5
- A safe way for children to chat with friends
- Can be used to promote literacy and numeracy skills
- A variety of games encouraging thinking skills and creativity
What our experts think
There was so much for our testers to explore that they didn’t know where to start! Children particularly liked the games while parents liked the fact that the children were developing a range of skills while having fun and playing. There are lots of different games so plenty of scope for skills such as creativity, logic and strategy. Watching the videos the children were able to increase their general knowledge and learn knew skills – one of our testers delighted his family with a magic trick that he had learnt!
The game play was simple and the children didn’t need much help in navigating the app. Parents liked that the app is supported by the NSPCC so were confident leaving their children playing alone as they knew that their children were safe. It’s also handy to be able to play the games when out and about, but parents should be aware that not all content is available without a Wi-Fi connection.
- Brands: Azoomee
- Made in the UK
- No 3rd party adverts
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 8.0 or later
- Android version: 4.4 and up
- App Types: Entertainment
- Types of skills developed: Categorisation & comparison
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Information & communication Technology (ICT)
Listening and attention
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Personal, social & emotional development
Speech, language and communication skills
Understanding the world