What is it
City cars are going on a journey in the City Cars Adventures app! Choose your car and track to start your adventure. Overcome obstacles and collect magic stars to unlock the unique talent of each vehicle.
– 8 city cars: from a firetruck to a police car to ice cream and unicorn trucks!
– 3 unique worlds: beach, forest and factory
– 9 diverse levels, each with their own secrets
– A 3D living city, where you can choose any car and embark on an adventure, and there’s even a night-day rotation
What our team of testers said
"Fire engines have ladders." - Boy aged 4
"Rainbow!" - Girl aged 4
- Familiarises children with types of vehicles
- Helps children develop fine motor control
- Encourages problem solving and strategy
What our experts think
Children loved speeding down the road in the different vehicles, and even enjoyed bumping into the obstacles! They liked identifying the different types of vehicle, supporting their understanding of the world, and problem solving as they went (for example, if a gate stopped the vehicle, they needed to tap to open it). Watching out for obstacles and stars to collect can help children develop their concentration and planning skills.
It would be even better if...
It wasn’t very clear that to start the game, you needed to tap on one of the cars driving around the city. Children also didn’t realise that they could collect stars for a power-up, so an adult may need to point this out to them (when we showed the children this it was quite popular!).
- Brands: BUBL GmbH
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 6.0 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Fine motor skills
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention
Physical & motor skills
Understanding the world