What is it
Color Band gives children the tools to create their own music, using a range of instruments or even recording their own voices and sounds.
Children start with a blank canvas and draw their musical design, with each colour playing a different sound.
Once they have used the drawing tool to design their piece of music, they can use autoplay to hear how it sounds, tap to play each instrument, or even interact with it by moving their hands in front of the iPad.
– Interactive canvas with easy to use tools.
– 80+ professional recorded instruments and sound effects.
– Record your own sounds.
– Camera based motion-control.
– Touch and auto playback mode.
– Play with interactive character – Lalabee.
What our team of testers said
"I like the different sounds that it makes." - Boy aged 6
"I like talking into it and listening to it!" - Girl aged 8
- Lets children experiment with different sounds
- Introduced children to creating a music sheet
- Encourages physical movement
What our experts think
This is a wonderful game that can introduce children to music making, and lets them be creative. They can start off doodling on a blank canvas, but as they become more familiar with the sounds and patterns, children can make simple music sheet that the app will play automatically.
We love how children can interact with the sounds not just by tapping the screen but also by conducting with their hands in front of the screen (which is detected by the camera). There was a lot of laughter when children were playing with the recording feature as well!
It would be even better if...
More templates would be good to support children’s musical knowledge.
- Brands: Ting-Wei Liu
- No 3rd party adverts
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available:
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Apple version: iPad
Requires iOS 5.1 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Art & design