What is it
Count with your Fingers is an app which helps children learn how to count with their fingers from an early age and discover figures and numbers (in nine languages!) Simply tap the screen to display various objects, the app says the numbers in the chosen language.
You can choose from just tapping the objects and listening to the numbers, tapping out a certain number of objects defined on the screen or adding numbers together to find a total.
Tested on a Kurio
What our team of testers said
"Good learning value mathematically for children" - Adult
"I like this game" - Girl aged 5
"I like the shapes that come up where your fingers have been" - Girl aged 6
- Helps develops counting skills and number recognition
- Encourages memory skills and problem solving
- Raise your child's awareness to the sounds of foreign languages
What our experts think
We liked that this app was simple to use. The fact the app can be used to simply count and add numbers means that it grows with the child, and as the child becomes more confident with numbers they can move onto the next challenge.
The ability to hear the numbers spoken in different languages was very good and meant that it could be used by older children.
- Brands: Generation 5
- No 3rd party adverts
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
4.3 or later
- Android version: 2.2 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention
Speech, language and communication skills
- Additional features: Restrictions are by means of a single finger swipe - this is appropriate for young children who cannot yet read.