What is it
DogHotel is an app where the player runs their own boarding kennels. Children have to look after the dogs, make sure they have a nice time and then return them to their owners. Each customer has different needs to tend to – some need to lose weight and others just want to learn a new trick.
A range of breeds come to the hotel and each are unique. While they are staying at the hotel children will need to feed, train and exercise the dogs; they will also need to complete the individual dogs challenging task!
Up to 8 dogs can stay at any one time, so players will be busy tending to their every need! Make sure they’ve got enough food, wash and brush their coats, clean their and give them lots of loving care and attention at the DogHotel
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"Its really good and my favourite bit is where you bath the dog and do the clicker training with the 1: dog because it was really fun". - Girl 8
"I really like giving the dogs a bath because I can learn how to give my dog a bath in real life" - Boy 7
- Develops children's awareness of how to care for animals
- Shows children what dogs need in order to be well looked after and happy
- Promotes imaginative play
What our experts think
Dog hotel is a lovely app which allows children to care for a range of dogs. Our little testers loved the way in which they had to carry out different tasks with the dogs in their care. The app gave children a good insight in to what dogs need and how much care and attention is necessary. We liked the different scenarios and how each dog had a ‘special’ mission; something unique to them that the child had to pay particular attention to.
It was easy to navigate and the game play is very good, but children needed to be able to read the messages- these gave them important information about each dog.
We loved the animations and the attention to detail within the app – there was lots to engage and delight our testers.
- Brands: Tivola Publishing GmbH
- British English
- No 3rd party adverts
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: No - all links unrestricted
- Languages available: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 7.0 or later
- Android version: 2.3 and up
- App Types: Entertainment
- Types of skills developed: Animals & Sealife
Personal, social & emotional development
Responsibility & commitment
Understanding the world