What is it
In Dr Panda Candy Factory children can help Dr. Panda control the machines in his factory to make sweets. They can experiment with colour, flavour and shape to make their creations. Once they have made their sweets they can watch the different characters’ reactions as they taste them!
There are lots of options (over 60 ways to design and create) and children can really use their creativity; they can launch the bubblegum in a pinball factory; get creative in the wine gum lab or make a bit of a mess in the chocolate room!
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"I've made a heart shaped one!" - Boy aged 5
"I'll make this one red and put some blue bits on." - Girl aged 3
- Allows children to express themselves creatively
- Encourages imaginative play
- Can encourage an interest in cooking
What our experts think
Our testers really enjoyed making, shaping and decorating their sweets (one of them was a little disappointed that he couldn’t actually eat them!) and there were so many different sweets to make! The graphics and characters were engaging and really appealed to the children who tested the app; they liked letting the characters taste their creations and watching their expressions. The children also really enjoyed all of the switches, plugs, buttons, dials etc – there was lots to do in each section and it was varied which added a challenge and kept the children engaged.
This is a great way to let children get creative, and may encourage an interest in cooking.
It would be even better if...
The app wasn’t intuitive so some of our testers missed a few of the functions; an adult might need to help them start out. It’s also difficult to return to the previous screen, so children may need to be shown how to drag the top bar down in order to do so.
- Brands: Dr. Panda
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 6.0 or later
- Android version: Android 4.0
- App Types: Games
- Types of skills developed: Cooking