What is it
Have you ever wanted to run your very own farm? Now you can with Dr. Panda! Escape to the countryside and learn how to become a farmer – make bread from wheat, feed the chickens, take care of the cows, harvest vegetables, and much more.
After you’ve made your farm-fresh goods, head over to the Farmer’s Market and make your customers happy by giving them the produce they want. Happy customers will give you building tools to expand your farm.
There are six fun farming activities to do and explore plus lots of farmyard secrets to discover. Get ready to harvest!
What our team of testers said
"I need to make some more jam as I've sold out." - Boy aged 4
"I love this farm game. It's cool!" - Boy aged 4
- Teaches children where food comes from
- Children are encouraged to count the produce
- Great for imaginative play
What our experts think
Dr Panda’s farm is a wonderful app for teaching children how farms work, using the imaginative play that children love. Our testers thoroughly enjoyed working on each stage of production such as picking the fruit and then getting the characters to stamp on it to make jam. This is a great way for children to learn where different food products come from and it supports their understanding of the world. Children also liked filling their customer’s food orders and this was a great way to get them to practise counting and quantities within a context.
It would be even better if...
There aren’t any instructions or prompts so an adult might need to help the child when they first start playing but we found that our testers got the hang of it quite quickly.
- Brands: Dr. Panda
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 7.0 or later
- Android version: Android 4.0
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Food & nutrition
Numeracy, counting & money
Understanding the world