What is it
The game starts with creating the car; children combine different parts to make a racer look as unique and fun as possible. Make it hover above ground, add huge wheels, or spray paint it bright pink – there are over 1000 combinations!
Next children can design their own racetrack – draw the shape, choose sand, dirt or concrete and add some stunts. Then choose a character to race with and off you go!
Through the races children can unlock extra car parts for designing their car, and trophies.
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"Yes! I won and beat the pig and his booster!" - Girl aged 4
"I like being the turtle because he is cute!" - Girl aged 4
- Allows children to explore creatively
- Good for imaginative play
What our experts think
We really liked this fun and well animated app. Our little testers loved designing their own cars and washing them and this allowed children to express themselves creatively. The different cute characters were also real hit (as were their little noises when they were interacted with). Winning extra car parts to make new vehicles provided a good level of reward and motivation for the children, especially the older ones.
It would be even better if...
The navigation isn’t very intuitive so children missed features, e.g. tapping on the racetrack blueprint to design their own track or tapping on the character to change them. The app also took a long time to load between screens which frustrated some testers.
- Brands: Dr. Panda
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Extras for Parents: The links to more apps advert can be switched off in the parent area.
- Languages available: English, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Extras for parents: The links to more apps advert can be switched off in the parent area.
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Android version: 4.0 and up
- App Types: Entertainment
- Types of skills developed: Art & design
Fine motor skills
Physical & motor skills