What is it
Drive the train
All aboard Dr. Panda Train! Show your passengers to their seats and load your cargo to begin the journey. As you steam away from the station, help Dr. Panda drive the train, or say hello to your friends in the passenger car to stamp their tickets or serve them snacks!
Explore and discover
It’s full steam ahead! Have fun driving the train and exploring the world. Tour the jungle or steam through the desert – there’s so much to see! As you continue on your trip, be sure to look out for all sorts of surprises. What will you discover?
- Drive your own train
- Three huge environments to explore
- Tons of secrets to find everywhere
- Open play
- Deliver cargo and help passengers to get rewards
- Visit over 12 unique train stations
What our team of testers said
"I like feeding them (passengers)" - Girl aged four
"who'd like a newspaper? Here you go sir." - Girl aged three
- Encourages imaginative play
- Helps children understand the world
- Promotes story telling, speech and language
What our experts think
Doctor Panda Train is a colourful and engaging app that appeals to young children. The game play is simple and the graphics clear and bold; our testers needed a little initial help, but were soon able to play independently.
Our testers loved the characters (Doctor Panda is a real hit) and enjoyed choosing what to give the passengers as they boarded the train. They also really liked pulling the cord and making the train sound it’s horn.
The game promotes imaginative play as it encouraged the children to immerse themselves in the gameplay and create scenarios for the characters; this could lead to the children talking about what is happening on screen and practising their storytelling skills.
Although our testers enjoyed the game, there wasn’t a lot of replay value; parents felt that it would benefit from some more activities.
- Brands: Dr. Panda
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available: Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Dutch, English, English-UK, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 7.0 or later
- Android version: 4.0 and up
- App Types: Entertainment
- Types of skills developed: Creativity
People and communities
Personal, social & emotional development
Speech, language and communication skills
Understanding the world