What is it
Duckie Deck Family Photo enables you and your child to create your own set of colourful, expressive characters and bring them together for a group photo. Designed with toddlers in mind, the app is easy to use and engaging for young minds. With the help of Family Photo, children can capture a personalized impression of their family and friends and show their appreciation for those special relationships.
Children can add their unique look to each photo using a wide range of tools: selecting their face colour and shape, eyes, nose, mouth, hair and even giving them a hat, glasses, earrings or their favourite moustache!
What our team of testers said
"Photo - say cheese" - Girl aged 2
"Hmm, now which mouth...let's give him a moustache" - Boy aged 4
- Encourages creativity
- Helps children think about the appearance of their family and friends, and what makes them unique
What our experts think
Such a great range of features and so easy to use, Duckie Deck Family Photo made it great fun for preschoolers to create their own characters. The little testers we observed got really absorbed in getting their characters just right! This is a lovely app to play alongside a child whilst helping them understand the make-up of their family. We were pleased to see sufficient breadth in the app to cover a range of ethnicities.
All in all this is a lovely app for children to play freely to explore their creativity or with a bit more prompting to explore issues of identity and consider the features of and characters in their own family.
- Brands: Duckie Deck
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
iOS 6.0 or later.
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Art & design
Identity, awareness & belonging
Personal, social & emotional development