What is it
Play games to climb the mountain and collect yetis!
• 6 games that each develop a different learning ability
• Suggests how children can make better use of their learning strengths
• Explains what difficulties children experience and where they have a weakness
• 3 different paths up the mountain encourage children to replay games and improve their skills
• Can you collect all 18 yetis?
Dyslexia Quest has been developed, researched and tested at the Bristol Dyslexia Centre to assess working memory, phonological awareness, processing speed, visual memory, auditory memory and sequencing skills. The app is designed for a single player and does not support multiple profiles.
What our team of testers said
"I'm really good at getting these words right mummy." - Boy aged 7
"We should see if the school can get this." - Girl aged 10
- Helps identify a child's strengths and weaknesses in literacy
- Allows children to develop their literacy skills
- A fun and engaging game to support children with dyslexia
What our experts think
Dyslexia Quest was hugely popular with children who loved the game theme, and younger children found the voiceover very funny! The app includes different tasks for children to complete which are used for testing children with dyslexia, such as word matching. Children were challenged by the games and really wanted to complete each task and even do better next time. The games get more difficult which is great for encouraging steady progression.
It would be even better if...
We would like to see separate profiles for multiple children to play. It would also be good to have practice levels so children can learn how to play each game first.
We would also like to see a parent gate from the information area to prevent links to more apps and social media.
- Brands: Nessy
- British English
- Made in the UK
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: No - all links unrestricted
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.0 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Learning to read
Listening and attention
Memory, concentration & attention
Speech, language and communication skills