What is it
EduGuru Maths is a collection of eight games designed to develop basic maths skills. While catching fish, herding sheep, counting aliens and much more, children will learn:
- counting to 20
- number recognition and ordering
- addition and subtraction
- matching, doubling, halving and sharing
- money (using GBP)
- telling the time
- shapes and sequences
- colour recognition
- size, weight, distance and position
As they play, children will earn stars, medals and trophies to show how well they’ve done!
What our team of testers said
"Two." (counting aliens) - Boy aged 3
"Caught it!" (fishing game) - Girl aged 4
- Covers key numeracy skills
- Teaches children about space, measure, time and money
- Great for practising categorisation and comparison skills
What our experts think
We love that this app covers not just basic number skills (such as counting and addition) but further mathematical concepts like space and measure, telling the time and money. These are key parts of the Early Years Foundation Stage making this app a great way to help pre-schoolers become confident with all areas of Maths. Parents can find out what skills each game is supporting by tapping the owl in the top right corner.
The Fishing and Piggy Bank games were the most popular and children enjoyed being rewarded at the end too. There is a lot of variety (each game has a different theme and there are several levels within each game) which can help keep children’s attention.
It would be even better if...
Some of the games have a lot of levels to get through for one stage, so children began to lose interest. Also, there is a bit of a mix of difficulties – some three year-olds will struggle with the harder levels and games while four year-olds might find them too easy.
- Brands: The Game Creators
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 6.0 or later
- Android version: Android 4.0.3
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Categorisation & comparison
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Numeracy, counting & money
Space and measure
Telling the time and date