What is it
Elmo Loves You is Sesame Street’s very first 3-D pop up storybook app provided by StoryToys!
• Elmo narrates the whole story!
• Based on Sesame Street’s best-selling storybook.
• Real character voices—Elmo, Cookie Monster, Count von Count, and more!
• 15 interactive scenes
• Read-aloud narration on every page
• “Read with Elmo” or “Read it Myself” modes
• 3D experience—just like a real pop-up book!
• Reading tips for parents with connected Sesame Street videos
What our team of testers said
"I saw Bird" - Girl aged 2
"It is fun, I can count the penguins" - Girl aged 3
"I liked all the animals. They were funny" - Boy aged 4
- Encourages an understand of words and sentences, and a love of stories
- Help develop understanding of emotions
- Practices basic counting skills
- Raises awareness of different percussion instruments and encourages musical creativity
What our experts think
If your child likes Sesame Street this is a must have app! We were delighted to see how well it incorporates development of skills across a wide range of areas: encouraging an understanding of love and friendship to support emotional development, helping to develop literacy and a love of stories, encouraging musical creativity and awareness of instruments in the drum scene and even number recognition and counting with the Count.
We were so pleased to see the words of the stories highlighted as they are read out. Whilst target age children are likely to be pre-readers this helps them to understand the concept of sentences and begin to recognise letters and words.
The children we observed using this app really enjoyed it. Some listened again and again to the story from end to end and others focused more on interacting with the pages, particularly the drums page! This app seems to cater for a range of interests, ages and usage approaches and is an app we would thoroughly recommend.
It would be even better if...
Emotional development is so important for pre-schoolers so we love the theme of this app but would be even more delighted if more skill development opportunities around emotional development were incorporated.
- Brands: StoryToys
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
- App Types: Educational Apps
Interactive Books & eBooks
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Learning to read
Learning to talk
Listening and attention
Numeracy, counting & money
Personal, social & emotional development
Speech, language and communication skills