What is it
Play as Julian, Dick, Anne, George and Timmy the Dog as they attempt to solve mysteries. Visit familiar locations from the original books and take part in fun mini-games and activities. Encounter friendly and not-so-friendly characters and use your reading and problem-solving skills to discover who’s telling the truth and who’s got something to hide! Once you’ve solved the mystery, read back the story of your adventures in a beautiful storybook.
- Play as each of the Famous Five and explore the beautiful 3D world of Kirrin, including famous locations from the books.
- Encounter Aunt Fanny and Uncle Quentin, along with other well-known characters, both friend and foe.
- Reveal a mystery that only the Famous Five can help to solve!
- Search for clues by playing a series of exciting mini-games designed to test memory, problem-solving and logic skills.
- Speak to characters using a unique mood wheel, choosing the right way to ask questions in order to charm people into telling you what they know.
- Find possible culprits and use your reaction skills to spot if they have anything to hide.
- Find secret passages that will let you take short-cuts, and perhaps contain other rewards as well.
- Play as Timmy, always on the hunt for a clue – or a bone!
- Use all the clues and evidence collected to solve the mystery, just in time for tea!
Each time your child solves a mystery in The Famous Five, a storybook is generated from their play session for you to read together. The app also features a passcode-protected ‘Grown Ups Corner,’ where you can:
• Switch the game to use the industry-recognised OpenDyslexic font for increased legibility
• Choose the length of time your child plays the game
• Receive email notifications when your child has created a new story for you to read together
• Get help and advice about playing the game with your child
What our team of testers said
"Look, I have five clues already." - Girl aged 10
"I enjoyed interacting with the suspects and witnesses." - Boy aged 9
- Builds language skills through reading and storytelling
- Develops skills in recognising patterns and sequences
- Enhances comprehension skills
What our experts think
This app was a big hit with our testers, especially children who were already Enid Blyton fans. Children liked that the adventure game was led by them, so each time they played it could be different. There is a nice variety of puzzles that are just the right level of difficulty for this age group.
The Famous Five Adventure Game does a wonderful job of bringing the creative and engaging storyline to life, while developing valuable language and comprehension skills. Some of the players found clicking on the magnifying glasses a bit frustrating, but after a couple of tries they mastered it.
- Brands: Kuato Studios
- British English
- Made in the UK
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 8.0 or later
- Android version: 4.4. and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Speech, language and communication skills