What is it
In Fiete – A Day on a Farm, children help Fiete and his two friends Hinnerk and Hein in their daily work on the farm. When the rooster crows in the morning, all the animals wake up and the children have to start their day’s work. They can collect eggs from the henhouse, shear the sheep and feed the pigs. And when all the work is done, they can sit around the campfire before everybody says “Goodnight!”
The app is divided into three sections: morning, noon, evening and the end of the working day! It is beautifully animated and the interactive tasks are fun and engaging.
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"It's fun! I love collecting the eggs" - Boy aged 4
"It's funny! I collected all the apples in the tree and then had to rescue a cat!" - Girl aged 5
- Teaches children about the concept of day
- Gives children an insight into a day in the life of a farmer
- Logic and problem solving skills are required to complete the activities
What our experts think
This is a delightful app with lovely animations and activities for children to carry out. We really liked the range of activities within the app; they have been well thought out and each requires the child to use different skills in order to succeed. We also liked the way children could choose the order in which they carried out the activities…there were no restrictions.
The story behind the app is lovely; waking up the characters and carrying out a day’s work on the farm before settling down for a well deserved rest around the campfire! And while the children are playing, they are learning about the times of day and about the type of jobs which need to be carried out on a farm.
It would be even better if...
It would be better if the links to other apps from the developer weren’t on the front page of the app; we’d have preferred it if they were in a separate parent area out of the sight of the children.
- Brands: Ahoiii Entertainment
- British English
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 4.3 or later
- Android version: 2.2 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Logic, strategy & problem solving
People and communities
Understanding the world