What is it
Fiete Choice is a logic game for children. There are 99 levels where children have to identify the odd one out.
Children have to help the main character, Fiete, discover the picture that does not fit in the row. The level of difficult increases as the player progresses ensuring the child remains challenged. For example, initially they may be shown 2 pigs and a sheep but in the later stages differences become more minor such as one animal wearing shoes, or slightly smaller or facing the opposite direction.
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"You have to find the odd one out. There are two the same and one is different." - Girl aged 5
"It's getting trickier. Now there are 5 pictures and the differences are hard to see" - Boy aged 6
- Develops memory
- Encourages children to concentrate
- Develops logical thinking
- Improves visual perception
What our experts think
A lovely app with endearing animations! The app clearly develops children’s concentration levels, logical thinking and visual perception; these skills are closely linked to learning to read and write.
The progression was really good and children enjoyed working through the levels – cognitively the latter levels were really challenging!
We were delighted to see the element of fun, and so did the children who played the app – the children loved seeing, for example, animals wearing shoes.
The timer is a great addition for children who like the added pressure!
It would be even better if...
We would like to have had the option to set up different profiles for different children. Whilst a player can return to any previous level simply by scrolling back through Fiete’s journey, it would be useful for different children to be able to return to where they had got to and progress at their own pace. As it stands younger siblings tended to be jumped ahead into levels that are too difficult for them (unlocked by their older sibling).
- Brands: Ahoiii Entertainment
- British English
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Apple version: iPhone, iPod Touch
6.0 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Categorisation & comparison
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention