What is it
A unique take on the Grimm Brothers classic with modern language, and many interactive pop-up scenes. This includes: growing flowers in the garden, picking flowers and apples, putting flowers in a vase, feeding a baby, tidying up the harp and music sheets, riding on a horse, cooking a vegetable stew and packing for a journey. Outside the story there are also a range of jigsaw puzzles with a choice of 6, 12, 20 or 30 pieces (and additional puzzles available through in-app purchasing) and a 3D sticker book allowing children to create their own 3D pop-up scene (again more scenes/stickers available through in-app purchasing).
What our team of testers said
"I love the story" - Girl aged 9
"The challenges are quite fun" - Girl aged 8
- Encourages reading
- Introduces activities related to plant, nature and cooking
- Develops cognitive skills through jigsaw puzzles
What our experts think
A fun, interactive story with plenty of activities along the way. The activities encourage an interest in gardening, plants and nature, caring for a baby and cooking. Our little testers really enjoyed them. It’s great that you can hear the instructions at any time by clicking on the speech bubble. We particularly like the graphics and 3D design.
It would be even better if...
We’d love to see a ‘read by myself’ feature where the words are highlighted as they read.
- Brands: StoryToys
- No 3rd party adverts
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Extras for Parents: A range of settings are available within the Parent Centre including the ability to turn off the 'More Apps' page, in-app purchases etc.
- Languages available: American English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Extras for parents: A range of settings are available within the Parent Centre including the ability to turn off the 'More Apps' page, in-app purchases etc.
- Apple version: iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.0 or later
- Android version: Requires Android 2.3.3 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
Interactive Books & eBooks
- Types of skills developed: Art & design
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Speech, language and communication skills