What is it
Heidi can hardly wait to go and help her beloved grandfather and to explore the wonderful landscape with her friends. Peter is sure to want some help milking the goats. And the other animals probably all want feeding. Grandfather has promised to show her how to make cheese.
Children can spend a day in the Alps helping Heidi and her friends with their daily tasks in 19 animated mini games. There’s a whole 3D world to explore!
What our team of testers said
"Look, caterpillar." (food hunting game) - Boy aged 3
"Done it!" (when finished tracing dog to bush) - Girl aged 4
- Helps develop fine motor control
- Gets children to practise matching sounds and images
- Encourages logical thinking
What our experts think
There is a good mix of different games to try in Heidi: Alpine Adventure, including tracing, matching animal noises, and finding objects in a scene (this one seemed to be the most popular!). The games help develop children’s logical thinking, fine motor control and object/sound recognition, as well as being great practise for following instructions.
It would be even better if...
Children had a bit of trouble understanding what to do, and needed help from an adult to get started. In particular when playing the goat milking game, children often thought they needed to tap on the floating icons rather than the characters.
- Brands: Studio100 Media
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: German, English, French, Spanish and Flemish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 7.1 or later
- Android version: 4.0.3 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Fine motor skills
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention
Personal, social & emotional development
Physical & motor skills