What is it
The In the Night Garden Live App (Free Games and Puzzles for Toddlers and Kids) allows children to play games with Igglepiggle, Upsy Daisy, Makka Pakka and the rest of the In the Night Garden characters.
The app includes three fun games for little ones: Who’s Behind the Bubbles; Can You Solve The Puzzles; and Let’s Play With Stickers. There is also a video trailer for In the Night Garden Live.
- Children can wash faces like Makka Pakka in Who’s Behind The Bubbles and guess which character is revealed. Makka Pakka’s trumpet sounds each time you get it right!
- There are 6 simple puzzle scenes to complete; children have to drag and drop matching puzzle shapes to put Igglepiggle in his boat, the Tombliboos in bed, the Ninky Nonk together, Upsy Daisy next to her bed, and complete a group picture. Character songs and sound effects play when the puzzle is completed.
- Let’s Play With Stickers is a fun sticker game for creating sticker scenes.
Parents who sign up for updates and share one post on Facebook can unlock more characters, games and features.
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"Look it's Iggle Piggle!" - Boy aged 2
"Lets do the puzzle Mummy. Oh looks its the ... ninky nonk." - Girl aged 2
- Encourages shape recognition in the puzzle games
- Allows children free play and creativity as they create pictures using stickers
- Gets children to use their memory and recognition skills to identify the well known characters
What our experts think
In the Night Garden Live Free Games and Puzzles for Toddlers and Kids is a well animated app that uses the much loved children’s characters to engage and delight. The music and clips from the TV show definitely appealed to young children.
Our testers really liked the puzzle section and this held their attention for the longest amount of time. It was a good game for developing children’s shape matching skills. The children liked building the pictures containing much loved characters.
We liked the way in which children could save their creations in the sticker section; children like sharing things with adults and this enabled them to do this.
It would be even better if...
We would like to have had had some harder levels for the older age range – this would have given the app more appeal.
- Brands: In The Night Garden, Minor Entertainment Ltd.
- British English
- Made in the UK
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 7.0 or later
- App Types: Games
- Types of skills developed: Art & design
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention