What is it
Create your own little dancing character in Labo Dancing Kids! Children can choose a template to colour in or draw their own character from scratch – they can even use a photo of themselves!
Their characters then come alive in 3 dancing games – tap the emoticon to perform a move, swipe to make up your own routine, or try to remember and copy the other dancer’s moves.
What our team of testers said
"Ooh mummy this is fun drawing." - Boy aged 4
(Laughing) "Look at her dancing mummy!" - Girl aged 3
- Games help practise attention and memory
- Making their character encourages creativity
- Enjoyed by both boys and girls
What our experts think
Children loved drawing their own characters and being able to choose templates and colours to use. The freestyle game was particularly popular and lets children play imaginatively. The emoticon game is fast paced and helps children practise their concentration and attention skills to make sure they don’t miss tapping on the faces! The copying game gets children to remember a move (such as swipe up or down) to get their character to perform.
It would be even better if...
It would be nice if the characters for the games were more gender neutral – boys did enjoy the rest of the game but were a little put off by this.
In the freestyle game one feature that was liked but is easy to miss is the ‘add character’ button (the ‘+’ symbol in the top right corner) that lets children create a dance floor full of the different characters they have made.
- Brands: Labo Lado Inc.
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Apple version: iPad
Requires iOS 6.0 or later
- Android version: 2.3.3 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Art & design
Fine motor skills
Memory, concentration & attention
Physical & motor skills