What is it
Labo Fabric Friends from Labo Lado lets children make 11 different and adorable fabric animals. Once made, children can play 6 different mini games with their new pal!
- 11 animals to choose from, including a bear, rabbit, pig, fox, sheep, elephant, lion, deer, panda, and penguin
- Children follow step-by-step instructions to cut and sew the pieces of fabric to make their animal
- Choose from 15 glasses and hats to personalise the animals
- 6 mini games to play: hide and seek, pogo stick, tomato fight, music rhythm game, rock-paper-scissors, word & number game
Children can save their creations to play over and over again!
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"Oh that's for his face!" (cutting out fabric) - Boy aged 4
"You have to go higher enough." (jumping game) - Girl aged 4
- A lovely introduction to sewing
- Encourages creativity
- Includes number and letter learning games
What our experts think
Our testers loved making and decorating their own fabric friend (the moustache glasses were met with a lot of giggling!). This is a nice simple introduction to the steps involved in sewing, and also encourages creativity.
There are a range of mini-games that cover a few different skills, including counting and letters.
It would be even better if...
We found that although making the fabric friend was popular, the games weren’t as good as we’d hoped for. They sometimes didn’t have very clear instructions or were too difficult for this age group.
In particular the rock/paper/scissors game is very confusing for children, as their fabric friend celebrates when the child loses and cries when the child wins! In pre-school apps the character is usually on the child’s side. Because of this, our testers deliberately lost the games!
- Brands: Labo Lado Inc.
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Apple version: iPad
Requires iOS 6.0 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Art & design
Fine motor skills
Learning to read
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention
Numeracy, counting & money
Physical & motor skills
Speech, language and communication skills