What is it
Using colourful leaves of all shapes and sizes, children are guided through making 18 different crafty templates (including a butterfly, fish, and a clown). Once finished, the leaf crafts come to life!
What our team of testers said
"That was so funny wasn't it." (watching animation) - Boy aged 4
"We made one of those butterflies." (watching animation) - Girl aged 4
- Can inspire creativity
- Encourages shape matching and logical thinking
- Supports concentration and attention
What our experts think
Our testers were delighted when their creations came to life – there was a lot of giggling at some of the animations! One thing we love about Labo Leaves is that it can inspire children to go and create real leaf art, encouraging creativity.
Putting together the leaves to match the shapes is good for developing logical thinking and concentration skills.
It would be even better if...
None of our testers realised that there were lots of patterns to choose from, so children might need to be shown how to swipe through the menu. This is a key issue because it nearly put some testers off, thinking that they could only make a butterfly.
It would also be better if the animations were more interactive, as this really interested our testers.
- Brands: Labo Lado Inc.
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 6.0 or later
- App Types: Games
- Types of skills developed: Art & design
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention