What is it
Trace the shapes to create fun objects – from flowers and bugs to cars!
There are six activities to choose from:
- link the flowers, and tap them to play music
- tap the screen, and the fish will dance around your finger
- play with the singing birds
- help the bugs around the maze
- get the people dancing to the groove!
- drive the cars and repair the roads
What our team of testers said
"Mummy look at them dance." - Girl aged 2
"That's a spider." - Girl aged 3
- Tracing helps develop hand control
- Familiarises children with different shapes
- Encourages imagination
What our experts think
Children liked tracing the shapes to see what they would make, and this is good for their imagination. Tracing different lines is also good practise for learning letter shapes ready for writing, and helps develop children’s hand control.
It would be even better if...
The game would support children’s learning much better if the shapes were simple and familiar, such as triangles and circles, and were named aloud as children finished tracing them.
We also found that the flower and car games were too confusing for children at this age, even with help.
- Brands: Labo Lado Inc.
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Android version: 2.3.3 and up
- App Types: Games
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Fine motor skills
Physical & motor skills