What is it
Little Fox has caught a cold. Can you help to find him a cure? The bat has broken its wing. Do you know what to do?
Whether a bump on the head, a stomach ache from too much candy, a little wound, or a sunburn, these funny animals need the help of a really good doctor!
The app is full of humorous animations, amazing 3D illustrations, and funny short movies. In the animal doctor’s office, located in a magical treehouse, the animals are waiting to be cured. Kids are playfully guided through applying treatments that they might have experienced themselves: measuring temperatures, taking medicine, getting a plaster. And of course, eating a snail is probably just good for owls!
- There are 5 animals in the App – fox, bat, rabbit, mole and owl, with 15 different injuries, sicknesses, and diseases.
- Your child has many different treatments and medicines to choose from to cure the animals and make them happy again.
- Every time your child plays the App the animals have different illnesses, injuries and diseases.
Little Fox Animal Doctor is the first 3D-App by Oscar-nominated artist Heidi Wittlinger, the creative genius behind Nighty Night, Little Fox Music Box and Nighty Night Circus
What our team of testers said
"He has a tummy ache mummy, look too many sweeties." - Girl aged 3
"Can we make him better like me." - Boy aged 3
- Uses the familiar routine of going to the doctor's
- Helps children learn about how illness is caused and treated
- Encourages caring and nurturing
What our experts think
This is a lovely app that teaches children about health, using animals to gain their interest. They liked comparing the familiar routine of going to the doctor’s when they are ill to themselves and this helped children relate to the app. The instructions were all visual so even pre-readers can play the app alone.
We loved the little animations at the beginning that showed how the animal had got ill – some were funny while others, like the fox who got a cold because he didn’t wear warm clothes to go out, can teach children important ways to keep healthy.
As well has helping children learn about how sickness is treated, the app encourages children to be caring and nurturing which is good for social and emotional development. Treating the patients also requires children to follow instructions to use the correct medical equipment.
It would be even better if...
The carousel with the medical equipment can be difficult to use, as we found the items were picked up rather than spun around sometimes. It also wasn’t always clear how to give the medicine or how long for, so children may need to be shown the icons in the top left corner to help them.
- Brands: Fox & sheep
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, Dutch, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 7.0 or later
- Types of skills developed: Following instructions
Health, hygiene & self-care
Personal, social & emotional development
Understanding the world