What is it
A beautifully illustrated and animated interactive storybook of the classic story Little Red Riding Hood. It captures children’s curiosity and enhances imagination. Children can develop their literacy skills by reading it or develop their listening skills if they choose to have it read to them.
What our team of testers said
"It's good to see options for whether the child reads the story or is read the story" - Observing playworker
"It's a great story, I activities are fun too" - Girl, aged 5
- Reading developed
- Listening skills enhanced
- Discussion about the moral of the story
What our experts think
Children can develop their reading and listening skills with this app. We were pleased to see the option to have the story read to them or to read it themselves, catering for a wide range of ages. Highlighting the words as they are read also encourages literacy skills even when the story is being read out.
This app was simple to use and enjoyable. We would love to see even more interactivity to hold the children’s attention.
It would be even better if...
there was a pause button and also if it was harder to change the language used as this was often done by mistake.
- Brands: KD Productions
- British English
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: No - all links unrestricted
- Languages available: English, English-American, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish.
Narration of the story in 4 languages : English, English-American, French, Spanish.
- Appropriate child restricted areas? No - all links unrestricted
- Android version: Requires Android 4.0 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
Interactive Books & eBooks
- Types of skills developed: Learning to read
Listening and attention
Speech, language and communication skills