What is it
Draw, colour, practice letter recognition or learn how to write letters yourself with this. The app is centred around a spinning globe with each picture offering a different subject for drawing, practicing letters etc. Including: a giraffe, whale, taxi, fire engine, ambulance, clown, fairy, elf, octopus, dragon and many more. The app has a child’s voice in British English as the voiceover.
What our team of testers said
"I like this game" - Boy aged 3
"I like it" - Girl aged 2
- Helps children to understand how to draw
- Supports learning letter names and shapes
- Guides children in learning how to write letters (albeit with their finger)
- Encourages creative play through colouring activities
What our experts think
This is a great app both for encouraging drawing and colouring, as well as basic literacy and writing skills. There are plenty of subjects to choose from, whether your child is into fairies or fire engines, and we were delighted to see the pre-school children who tested this app for us tracing letters correctly with their finger using this app.
It would be even better if...
Within the drawing game it’s great to see Louie explain how to draw each shape but we’d love the child to have a go at this themselves from a blank sheet alongside the step-by-step instructions – or encouraged to try it in parallel on paper.
- Brands: Millimages
- British English
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available: English, French
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes - no restrictions required
- Apple version: iPad
Requires iOS 3.2 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Art & design
Fine motor skills
Learning to read
Learning to write
Physical & motor skills
Pincer grip and writing
Speech, language and communication skills