What is it
Montessori 1st Operations is an engaging maths app that helps with basic additions, subtractions, odds and evens with fun and rewarding activities. The children are learning without even knowing. There are three main activities and seven games for the children to earn points which they use to select monster parts to build funny, creative monsters in a Monsters Lab.
Montessori 1st Operations explains each activity clearly and briefly for the child to understand. This is a great app for children who don’t find numbers easy to grasp.
What our team of testers said
"It's fun" - Girl age 6
"I like how he jumps down and knocks the balls in" - Boy age 5
- Encourages math skills
- Number recognition
- Problem solving
What our experts think
Montessori 1st Operations teaches the concept of maths in a visual style, helping children practice sums using counters and blocks, which they found really fun. The numbers are shown and read aloud so children can also learn to associate this with the amount of objects given.
- Brands: Edoki Academy
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- Languages available: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 4.3 or later
- Android version: Requires Android 2.2 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Logic, strategy & problem solving