What is it
Count up to 10 is an app which teaches children how to count and recognise numbers. Children are encouraged, by an owl, to count the penguins ; as they progress they then have to be able to recognise the written digits. Once they have completed the penguin level children are given the opportunity to trace the levels (with the help of owl,) they then get to explore numbers and quantities with manta ray and elephant! Finally they get to access the garden area; this uses all of the resources the children win in the Seven Academy apps.
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"I like the animals" - Girl aged 3
"Look what I've won!" - Boy aged 4
- Reinforces numbers to ten
- Encourages children to count
- Allows children to practise writing the numbers 1-10
- Allows children to visualise quantities
What our experts think
Such a lovely app to engage preschoolers in learning their numbers. We were delighted to hear how clearly each number was spoken – this helped to encourage the children to listen to the numbers as they tapped on the objects and so get the most learning opportunities from the app. The way in which the app built on previous knowledge was good; once children could count the objects they then progressed to writing the numbers.
It would be even better if...
We felt the app would be better if there was more to motivate the children in the early stages; the first counting part was very repetitive.
- Brands: Edoki Academy
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
6.1 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Numeracy, counting & money