What is it
Montessori Numberland is a fun, educational app which helps children learn how to count and write numbers up to 9, whilst interacting with a variety of colourful, imaginative scenes.
Guided by the explorers Tam and Tao, children can discover collections of objects in the scenes to practice counting as they tap the 6 fish to make them swim away, or throw 4 snowballs while visiting the ski slope. They are shown how to write the number, and can use the notebook or sandbox to practice writing the number themselves. The numbers are spoken aloud, and Tam and Tao also prompt the children to interact with the game, so they don’t get lost.
What our team of testers said
"He's had a lot of fun playing with this app" - Mother of 3 year old boy
"1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - look birds!" - Girl, aged 4
- Encourages children to count
- Guides children in learning to identify numbers
- Helps them practice writing numbers
- Helps children understand the concept of quantity
What our experts think
Montessori Numberland is a great interactive game to help children become familiar with numbers. Tracing over a number outline allows them to practice the shape, and the number said aloud helps learn pronunciation. They can become immersed in the different scenes while they practice counting the objects in them and learn what the number symbolises, as well as tapping on them for fun animations.
It would be even better if...
It could be clearer that you can play games (including tracing the number in the notebook) by tapping on Tam and Tao, as this was a really useful part of the game but difficult to find.
- Brands: Edoki Academy
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 7.0 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Numeracy, counting & money