What is it
Moose Math engages kids in a mathematical adventure and teaches counting, addition, subtraction, sorting, geometry and more. While playing 5 multi-level activities in the Moose Juice Store, Puck’s Pet Shop and Lost & Found, kids can earn rewards to help build their own city and decorate buildings. Moose Math introduces a new whimsical group of Duck Duck Moose characters, The Dust Funnies, who help with mastering math skills. Moose Math is aligned with Common Core State Standards for Kindergarten and 1st Grade and includes a Report Card section where parents and teachers can monitor progress and find additional skill-building activities.
Moose Math features 5 engaging math activities:
1) MOOSE JUICE: Make smoothies while practicing counting, addition and subtraction
2) PAINT PET: Match the pets by counting the number of dots
3) PET BINGO: Solve addition, subtraction and counting problems to get BINGO
4) LOST & FOUND: Learn and sort through shapes and colors
5) DOT TO DOT: Help the Dust Funny find his way home by solving number patterns and joining the dots
What our team of testers said
"The moose helps me with my maths" - Boy aged 8
"I like the fruit juice maths" - Girl aged 7
- Learn basic maths skills
- Practice counting, addition and subtraction
- Develop recognition of shapes, colours and patterns
What our experts think
Another great app by Duck Duck Moose this time teaching maths skills in a fun and engaging way. Our little testers enjoyed all the games in this app but the favourite was the ‘fruit juice maths’ which regularly made them laugh. For example, they loved seeing the juice go green when they mixed the wrong fruit or the fruit splatting on the bird’s head when it missed the mixer. What was great for us to see was how their skill within each of the games developed as they played and how much they were clearly enjoying the increasing challenge of the maths problems. The prompts when the user was inactive were a handy feature when the children were stuck too.
It would be even better if...
We’d love to have a way for older children it jump immediately into the harder levels of the app.
- Brands: Duck Duck Moose
- No 3rd party adverts
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Extras for Parents: 1
- Languages available: American English
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Extras for parents: 1
- Apple version: iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.1 or later
- Android version: Requires Android 2.3 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Numeracy, counting & money