What is it
Join the Mussila band on their musical journey to help them find their lost instruments and costumes.
Travel with the Mussila band and take part in jam sessions with musical monsters, taking place on mountainsides surrounded by mystical creatures. The player progresses through the levels by recognising different instruments and defining rhythms and melodies.
- take part in interactive jam sessions
- customise the Mussila band
- record your own music
- play piano notes
- define rhythms and melodies by ear
- earn new instruments and outfits
What our team of testers said
"I love being able to play twinkle twinkle on the piano!" - Boy aged 6
"I played a tune, all by myself, mum." - Girl aged 7 (with ASD & ADHD)
- Teaches children how to play real music
- Encourages creativity
- Builds confidence through learning a new skill
What our experts think
It was lovely to see how proud children were will their new musical skills! Mussila gives children the chance to have a go at playing recognisable tunes from the start, which children thoroughly enjoyed. They also loved collecting the instruments on their way through the game!
The app is a fun way to introduce children to music, from recognising different musical instruments, to being shown how to play a tune. We particularly like that when children are learning a tune, the keys are highlighted and the notes are shown too, which really helps reinforce children’s musical knowledge. This can help encourage creativity as well.
It would be even better if...
It’s not very clear that the volcano icon is the home button. Some of our testers also thought the timed levels were too quick.
- Brands: Rosamosi ehf
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 8.0 or later
- App Types: Games
- Types of skills developed: Creativity