What is it
A fabulously, engaging and interactive app that acts like a virtual dolls house.
An incredible quantity of features of this house are interactive: open doors, feed the family cakes, pour a bowl of cereal and milk, put the rubbish in the bin, open the curtains, put on a CD, blow bubbles, turn on and off the lights and far, far more.
The free version includes the kitchen and living room with the paid version including a range of additional rooms: bathroom, bedroom and garden.
What our team of testers said
"It's really funny how they sit on the chair" - Girl aged 4
"It gets darker" (when he closes the curtains) - Boy aged 2.5
- Inspires hours of imaginative play
- Encourages exploration and trial & error
- Helps to develop dexterity for younger players
What our experts think
No other dolls-house apps we’ve seen so far come close to provide the level of interactivity and engagement of this app. It’s sufficiently simple for a 2 year old to enjoy and has enough functionality that it could still be used as a virtual dolls house for a 7 year old. We believe strongly in the importance of imaginative play to child development making this a powerful app and one we particularly love (although do encourage your children to engage in imaginative play away from a screen too).
It would be even better if...
There were natural breaks included after a certain period of play to encourage the children to stop playing!
- Brands: PlayHome Software
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: No spoken or written language included (beyond titles for parents)
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Apple version: iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 4.3 or later
- Android version: Requires Android 2.3 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Creativity
Fine motor skills
Physical & motor skills