What is it
This is a fun, interactive role play style game where children play a number of mini-games related to hygiene including washing her hands, brushing her hair and teeth, blowing her nose, cutting her nails, washing her clothes, and in the paid version going to the toilet and taking a bath.
What our team of testers said
It's really funny the way it says uh-oh" - Girl aged 4
Laughs - when he blows his nose and repeats "that's nice" - Girl aged 3
- Teaches children about personal hygiene
- Learn the steps involved in hand washing, hair brushing and beyond
- Promotes a positive attitude to daily chores
What our experts think
This is a cute app the children really enjoyed. It can be a challenge getting children to take on the responsibility of their own self-care, the fun perspective this app brings is both informative and educational for children of the right age as well as being engaging.
It would be even better if...
The children loved it when the Pepi character said thank you once they had completed some tasks – they love to hear it say thank you every time and this helps to encourage good manners too.
Sit with your child as they play with this app and look for opportunities to help them learn more as they go. For example, get them to tell you the steps involved in washing their hands or going to the toilet.
- Brands: PepiPlay
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Extras for Parents: The child-locked 'Grown-ups Stuff' section gives suggestions to parents on how to play this game along with your child.
- Languages available: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Extras for parents: The child-locked 'Grown-ups Stuff' section gives suggestions to parents on how to play this game along with your child.
- Apple version: iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 4.3 or later
- Android version: Requires Android 2.2 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Health, hygiene & self-care
Personal, social & emotional development