What is it
Pick a plane, load your passengers and take flight! Catch some sun at the beach then cool off in the arctic, pop balloons as you weave through the mountains. Fly up high to reach outer space! Does flying make you hungry? Chomp a delicious pizza planet then fly through a giant ice cream for dessert. This trip has the best in-flight snacks. Children just trace the route they want the plane to go.
With over 40 playful moments and tons of beautiful scenery to explore, young kids will love flying through the sky. This is the perfect app to bring along on your own airplane adventures.
- Ten fantastic planes, from super fast jets to a flying bunny slipper
- More than 6 habitats to explore, from magical mountains to outer space!
- No rules or time pressures. Explore at your own pace
What our team of testers said
"I like going into space." - Girl aged 3
"Ha ha look at the ice cream on their faces!" - Girl aged 3
- Encourages curiosity and imaginative play
- Promotes discussion about earth and space
- Develops hand-eye coordination
What our experts think
Our little testers were captivated by the different worlds they could explore in Sago Mini Planes! There are so many things for children to find – we had lots of laughter when the animals got ice cream on their faces flying through the giant floating ice cream – and this is ideal for boosting their imaginations and encouraged curiosity. The never-ending style means children aren’t under any pressure and can explore as much as they want to.
Tracing the route they wanted is great for improving hand-eye coordination and learning the lines needed for letter shapes when children start to write. We also found that the game encourage children to talk about space, earth and flying; this could be a good app for children who have just been or will be going on a plane for their holiday.
It would be even better if...
It’s not clear that in order to land, children need to take their finger off the screen for the runway to appear. Some testers didn’t realise, on first play, that there were lots of things for them to find if they explored, so they might need to be encouraged by an adult to have a look around.
- Brands: Sago Sago
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 7.0 or later
- Android version: Android 4.0.3
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Creativity
Fine motor skills
Personal, social & emotional development
Physical & motor skills
Understanding the world