What is it
Spell Collapse is a novel word game where you select 3 or more letters adjacent to each other in a grid to make a word earning points and rewards in the process. Collect bonuses for using rare letters to earn power ups that can be used to find longer words and destroy more tiles.
What our team of testers said
"This is hard...good hard" - Girl aged 11
"Look m...u...d, mud - I got one!" - Girl aged 10
- Helps to develop spelling skills
- Tests vocabulary
- Requires strategic thinking to find longer words
What our experts think
A novel word game that is simple enough for younger users but to be a real master requires detailed strategic thinking. This game allows children to experiment with spellings which helps to build vocabulary as well as testing their existing knowledge.
It would be even better if...
– there were a few more instructions initially to get children started.
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: No - all links unrestricted
- Languages available:
- Appropriate child restricted areas? No - all links unrestricted
- Apple version: iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.0 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: English
Speech, language and communication skills