What is it
One of the world’s most beloved movie franchises, Toy Story, has been developed into a brand new, enjoyable and creative animated storytelling app in Toy Story – Story Theater. The app allows children to not only dictate what happens to their favourite characters, but puts your child in control of their own stories with the following features:
- And… Action! The Story Theater offers a great opportunity to develop your child’s imagination and their story telling skills as they are able to choose their own characters, scenes, events and actions.
- Director’s Cut Commentary: There is a cool recording feature so that children are able to record their own voice whilst telling their story.
So come and join Woody, Buzz and the rest of the gang and create your own Toy Story!
Tested on Kurio tablets
What our team of testers said
"This is funny and look you can make the characters big" - Girl aged 8
"It's so fun" - Boy aged 4
- Promotes imagination and stimulates creativity
- Enhances knowledge of the structure of stories
- Helps children practice their story telling skills
What our experts think
It was great to see the children getting really enthusiastic about creating stories for themselves and experimenting with different voices for the characters. This is a fun way to get children to practice their speaking skills, as they can record and listen back their own voices. Making up their own stories develops creativity and an understanding of the structure of a plot.
It would be even better if...
It would be lovely to have more scenes etc. to choose from to give children a chance to be even more creative.
- Brands: Disney, Toy Story
- No 3rd party adverts
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: No - all links unrestricted
- Languages available: American English
- Appropriate child restricted areas? No - all links unrestricted
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.1 or later
- Android version: Requires Android 4.0 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Creativity
Speech, language and communication skills