What is it
Tiny Farm is an app where children can explore the 3 different farmyard scenes and have a look at what happens on a farm. As well as the usual and expected there are also lots of amusing additions to delight and interest children.
In the four scenes there are over 9o hidden animations for children to click on and watch.
Among other things players can; mow the field with the combine harvester and sow the new crops; let the boys in the treehouse slide down the flying fox; find out why the sheep is so funny and ride the pony: walk, trot or canter.
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"The tractor comes out of the barn" - Boy aged 5
"Look Mummy [laughs as the boy zips down the zip wire]" - Girl aged 2
Making and copying the animals sounds and actions - Girl aged 24 months
- Encourages exploration and observational skills
- Encourages imaginative play
- Allows children to make decisions
What our experts think
Tiny Farm is a delightful app that allows children to play imaginatively; there is lots to see and do within the scenes and the children can decide for themselves what they want to make happen.
The app is brilliant for developing a child’s observational and exploration skills.
We really liked the way in which there were some unexpected animations within each scene; we particularly liked the old man on the swing, the fabulous inventions and the little robot which zipped around.
It would be even better if...
We would like to have seen more of a story and more scenes for children to explore.
- Brands: Wonderkind GmbH
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 7.1 or later
- Android version: 1.0.1
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Logic, strategy & problem solving
People and communities
Personal, social & emotional development
Trial and error learning
Understanding the world