What is it
Toca Tailor is a creative app that allows children to dress up 4 cute characters and choose between lots of clothing. There is a wide choice of colour, prints and fabrics, you can even use the built in fabric camera to create your own unique pattern. You can also add buttons, pockets and other details and accessories including hats, shoes, glasses and more. You can even take a snapshot of your final creation to save forever.
What our team of testers said
"It was good I enjoyed it" - Boy aged 11
"It's good because you get to like to do your own fashion" - Girl aged 8
- Encourages creating and designing skills
- Helps children to develop their personal design preferences and so experiment with their own sense of identity.
What our experts think
Toca Boca have created another wonderful app that provides a platform for the children to use their imagination and creative skills. We really liked the concept at being able to add your own new ‘fabrics’ using the fabric camera. Developing a sense of identity is an important part of childhood and this really allows children to experiment in a playful way helping them to develop their personal taste.
It would be even better if...
…it was clearer to a new user that you tap and drag on the main screen to change the clothes styles and tailoring.
- Brands: Toca Boca
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Extras for Parents: A letter from the play designers giving tips on how to play with Toca Tailor.
- Languages available: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Extras for parents: A letter from the play designers giving tips on how to play with Toca Tailor.
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.0 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Art & design