What is it
Transport Jigsaw Puzzles 123 is a fun and simple puzzle game with colourful graphics where children can build boats, planes and more. The number of pieces can be chosen (between 2 and 16) to make the game easier for younger children, and more challenging as the child’s skills develop. The game can also be played in other languages, including French, Spanish and German, to help learn new words.
There is also a paid version of this app available, with more puzzles to complete and no in-app purchasing here.
What our team of testers said
"It's easy." - Girl aged 3
"I enjoyed doing the puzzles." - Girl aged 2
- The ability to change difficulty means the game remains a challenge
- Encourages logical thinking and concentration
- Helps children practice fine motor skills by using the touchscreen
What our experts think
Puzzles are a great way for children to practice logic skills because they need to work out which pieces fit together. They also have to be able to recognise the colours and shapes on the different pieces and understand how these can go together to form a larger picture. This app gives the name of the vehicles once the puzzles have been made, helping children learn the names. Transport jigsaw Puzzles 123 enables children to have a collection of puzzles with adjustable difficulty, so they can continue to develop their skills.
It would be even better if...
It could be more obvious that the background image can be turned on and off with the light bulb button underneath the picture. It would be nice if there were more puzzles to choose from in the free version as well.
- Brands: GiggleUp
- British English
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Languages available: English, French, Spanish, Japanese, German, Swedish, Chinese Mandarin, Norwegian, Russian, Danish, Portuguese, Korean, Dutch and Italian.
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 4.3 or later
- Android version: Android 2.3.3 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Fine motor skills
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention
Physical & motor skills