What is it
Tree Fu Tom Squiggle Quest is based on the hit TV show on CBeebies. Children can read and play with Tom avoiding dangers on their way to find the lost squizzle.
The interactive story has lots for the children to do as they follow Tom on his adventures. As well as the story there is also a colouring section and some games to play.
Through the Tree Fu Tom movements children are encouraged to get up and move!
Tree Fu Tom Squizzle Quest was developed by leading kid’s developer, Cupcake Digital, in partnership with FremantleMedia.
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"Iove colouring in" - Boy aged 7
- Encourages children to read
- Practises colour recognition and matching skills
- Rehearses counting
- Enhances creativity
What our experts think
We liked the interactive story book function; children could have the story read to them and follow the words on the screen or the sound could be turned off encouraging children to read the story for themselves. The story included some interactive pages which made the children think – we particularly liked the one where the children had to click the numbers in the correct order.
It is good to see an app which encourages children to get up and move (by copying Tree Fu Tom’s moves.)
The colouring pages are good. Children can choose from a range of tools and, unlike many other colouring apps, they cannot go outside the lines!
It would be even better if...
We would like to see more games within the app for the children to play.
- Brands: Cupcake Digital
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Extras for Parents: In order to access the parent page and the links to other apps you need to enter a date of birth.
- Languages available: English
- Extras for parents: In order to access the parent page and the links to other apps you need to enter a date of birth.
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
4.3 or later
- App Types: Entertainment
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Learning to read
Physical & motor skills