What is it
White: The App is a playful and visual journey for the very young. The app uses simple interactions (tap, hold and swipe) to make the eggs move.
- The first scene, here comes the eggs, allows children to explore cause and effect.
- Look after the eggs focuses on caring and nurturing the eggs – children can pop hats on cold ones, or tickle sad ones!
- During the nap time scene children play music to soothe the eggs.
- Finally children can wake up their eggs creating combinations of colour and sound.
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"Lot's of eggs, I like eggs" - Boy aged 3
"Look we made it spin, it flashes" - Boy aged 3
- Allows children to develop their fine motor skills through 'swiping, tapping, holding'
- Explore cause and effect
- Gives opportunities to discuss feelings and choices
- Provides situations where children can talk about colours and sizes
What our experts think
This is a lovely app for young children; it is very simple and therefore they can succeed. We liked the way in which the children could develop their skill at using the tablet by making the eggs do different things.
With parental input their is a lot of scope for discussion; you could talk about cause and effect, sizes, colours and choices.
We liked the calm nature of this app; it is aesthetically beautiful and the music is serene!
It would be even better if...
We would like to see the eggs do something when tapped by the child.
- Brands: Hippotrix
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
7.0 or later
- App Types: Games
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Fine motor skills
Personal, social & emotional development
Speech, language and communication skills