What is it
ZingyLand app is a place full of interactive stories, fun games and rewarding badges! Within a safe and friendly environment, kids can enjoy reading and playing with puzzles, paint and memory cards.
- Key ZingyLand app features:
- Free books to try
- 3 games (puzzle, painting, memory cards) with every interactive book
- New stories for kids added every week
- 3 reading modes: Read to me, Read by myself, Autoplay
What our team of testers said
"I did it!" (on completion of card match game) - Boy aged 4
"That is Sleeping Beauty." - Girl aged 3.5
- Interactive stories encourage an interest in books
- Stories read aloud develop listening skills
- Games help children progress their skills in logical thinking
What our experts think
Children really enjoyed the games that came with each story and got into them straight away. The painting game is good for creativity, while the card matching and puzzle games help develop logical thinking, memory and concentration. We like that there are different difficulties for each game, so you can adjust the number of cards or puzzle pieces to make it easier or more difficult for each child and to allow skill progression.
The stories are read aloud, and on each page there are interactive spots that result in animations, helping to develop listening skills and encourage an interest in books.
It would be even better if...
There wasn’t a lot to the interactive features in the books compared with others that we’ve seen, and they didn’t do much to engage children in the stories.
Also younger children may need help navigating, as the arrow in the top right corner to turn the page isn’t very easy to spot.
- Brands: MLS, ZINGYLAND PRODUCTIONS O.E
- British English
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, French, Greek, Spanish
- Apple version: iPad
Requires iOS 6.0 or later
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Learning to read
Listening and attention
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention
Speech, language and communication skills