John Lewis wanted to:
- Enhance their customers shopping experience (particularly before Christmas)
- Help customers make informed buying decisions
- Up skill staff to inform customers
- Create a fun and engaging atmosphere in store
The Play Days
Fundamentally Children carried out several fully interactive play days
within different John Lewis department stores over the past 2 years.
John Lewis’ top 10 Christmas toys
Outdoor play (including Micro Scooter, and JL own brand garden toys)
The Good Toy Guide’s guide to….
Working alongside the experts from the Good Toy Guide, John Lewis staff gained valuable insight in child development, resulting in an increased understanding of parents and children’s requirements and confidence to suggest suitable products.
Benefits for John Lewis
- Play days have proven to be highly successful. Specific benefits include:
- Increased sales – selling out of products on demonstration at the Oxford Street store and The Toy Dept at John Lewis Cambridge had their best day of trading of the play day
- Increased PR and brand exposure through engaging social media campaigns
- Increased staff confidence
- Enhanced brand exposure – Nominated as a finalist in the Progressive Preschool for the Best Retailer Initiative.
- Trade Media exposure in publications such as Toy News click here for example.