Number plate games for kids in cars
Are you planning a long car journey with your kids? Then why not make it fun and educational with some number plate games? These games are a great way to keep kids entertained and engaged during a long drive, and they can also help them learn about numbers, letters, and geography.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to play number plate games, including the classic game of number plate bingo, and offer some variations and tips for success. So, let’s get started!
What do I need to do?
To play number plate games, you’ll need a pen and paper, and some imagination. You can also create and download your own printable bingo cards, which will make the game more exciting and colourful.
Setting up the game
Number plate bingo is a classic game that’s easy to set up. Here’s how to do it:
- Make your bingo card by drawing a grid of squares on your paper or printing out a free template. Each square should contain a number or letter that you might see on a number plate.
- Write down the numbers and letters you need to spot as many as possible. For example, you might write down “K”, “V”, “5”, “6”, “7” and “8”.
- When you spot a number plate with one of the letters or numbers on your list, cross it off your bingo card. The first person to cross off all the squares on their card wins.
Rules of the game
Number plate bingo is a simple game, but there are a few rules you should follow:
- Only one number plate can be used per square.
- You cannot use the same number plate twice.
- The winner is the first person to cross off all the squares on their card.
Variations of the Game
If you want to mix things up, there are many variations of number plate bingo you can play. Here are some ideas:
- Alphabet game: Instead of a bingo card, write down the letters of the alphabet on your paper. When you spot a number plate with a letter on your list, cross it off. The first person to cross off all the letters of the alphabet wins.
- Car colour game: Write down the colours of cars you might see on your journey. When you spot a car of a particular colour, cross it off your list. The first person to cross off all the colours on their list wins.
- Number sequence game: Write down a sequence of numbers, such as 1-10, 11-20, and so on. When you spot a number plate with a number in your sequence, cross it off. The first person to cross off all the numbers in their sequence wins.
Tips for Success
To make number plate games more enjoyable, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure everyone in the car has their own bingo card or list to cross off.
- Keep the game fun and light-hearted. Don’t take it too seriously!
- Take turns being the leader and calling out the numbers or letters you spot.
- Offer small prizes for the winner, such as a sweet treat or a sticker.