What is it
The Hello Numbers Discovery Pack comes stuffed with an exciting program to build numerical literacy.
The set includes:
- Set of small plush numbers: These colourful plush numbers (0 to 9), are each 4.5″ tall and connect to each other via magnets in their “heads.” All plush numbers are soft, cuddly and machine washable. Click here for activities to do with the plush numbers.
- Hello Numbers: This interactive book introduces children to Team Ten, numbers 0-9. After meeting each number, they learn how Zero keeps the team together. It’s time to get started creating numbers of your own with stickers! The book includes 72 stickers and a decoder in the shape of Zero that allows children to create their own numbers and discover secrets on each two-page spread.
- Hello Numbers in Song CD: Includes 21 songs: a title parade-like song, Hello We’re NumbersAlive! to introduce all numbers 0-9 as a team plus a short and longer instrumental version of each number’s own biographical song. The lyrics describe where you can encounter the number. The instrumental versions allows for time to create dance moves and props for encounters of the numbers in the child/family/classroom’s own environment.
- Free Hello Numbers App: The Hello Numbers App accompanies the book, music and plush numbers with fun interactive details. Plus, use the physical decoder from the book to uncover secrets on the screen. Available in the iTunes, Amazon, and Google Play app stores. (please note, this has not been tested by the Good App Guide).
What our team of testers said
"I really like the book. It just keeps her interested, because she gets bored of going through number books." - Mum of girl aged 3.5
"Five!" - Boy aged 3
- Teaches number recognition from 0-10
- Great for practising number order
- Develops children's vocabulary
What our experts think
The Hello Numbers Discovery Pack was very popular with our little testers; they particularly enjoyed playing with the plush numbers, whether that was collecting them all together in a pile or making them dance! It was wonderful seeing children engage with numbers in such a playful way. Parents were able to get their children practising number recognition by asking them to pick up a number from a pile, or learn number order by connecting the magnetic characters together.
The book also captured the children’s interest – they loved using the ‘magic’ revealer (a red lensed decoder) to find all of the hidden secrets (such as ducks) on each page. It would be a good idea to have the decoder attached to the book with a ribbon, as it could very easily get lost! There are lots of number related activities, such as shapes with four sides, the five senses (which prompted our testers to point to their eyes, nose, etc.), or the seven colours of the rainbow; this is a fantastic way to keep learning varied and teach children a wider range of interesting topics, while putting numbers into a meaningful context.
- RRP: £72 (in $USD)
- Brands: Numbers Alive
- Product Type(s): Parenting & Educational Resources
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Memory, concentration & attention
Numeracy, counting & money
Speech, language and communication skills
Telling the time and date
Understanding the world